The Alberta Camping Association (ACA) is composed of membership camps (primarily non-profit) throughout the province, a Board of Directors, and several association events – local, regional, and provincial. The ACA values transparency, collaboration and clear communication, throughout all areas of our work.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director (ED), Accreditation Staff will serve as the primary accreditation visitor, and will perform a variety of administrative duties. Accreditation Staff will have the opportunity to travel across the province of Alberta to support the provision of safe, high quality, inclusive and fun summer and youth camp experiences. All ACA Staff must act in accordance with the policies and procedures, as set out by the Board of Directors. Accreditation Staff will be the main point of contact for member camps and volunteers participating in the accreditation process and are expected to present a professional, positive representation of the Alberta Camping Association. Due to the nature of this role, Accreditation Staff should be able to work full time independently and remotely, be organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and timelines.
In the absence of an Executive Director, Accreditation Staff will report Directly to the Board of Directors, through the Board Chair or Vice Chair.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director (ED) to arrange for volunteer visitors and schedule Accreditation Visits to all applicable camps
- Endeavor to maximize the efficient use of volunteer and staff time, as well as travel
- Communicate with Camps and Visitors to ensure a smooth process
- Ensure every camp is visited as scheduled
- Maintain the database of Member Camps accurately, recording details from visits
- Review submitted documents to assess compliance with standards
- Compile reports of all accreditation visit results to present to the Board of Directors
- Research standards under review and address inconsistencies
- Within the Standards Manual
- With relevant laws
- With similar organizations
- With experts in the area of the standard
- Assist the ED in managing the Membership Database
- Perform basic data entry, editorial and administrative tasks
The successful candidate would:
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Be available from June 20 – August 26, 2023
- Live in Alberta and be able to travel on a regular basis across Alberta
- Have a valid Class 5 drivers license and be able to submit a drivers abstract upon acceptance of the position.
- Have knowledge of, and experience in, the camping industry in Alberta.
- Have excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Show a high level of dedication and enthusiasm to work with others
- Submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search upon acceptance of the position
The Executive Director, based on the performance of assigned tasks, will evaluate Accreditation Staff informally throughout the period of employment, and formally half way through and at the end of the period of employment.
Accreditation Staff will receive an hourly wage of $17.50.
Job related travel will be done using rental vehicles, or mileage will be paid for use of personal vehicles.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set the subject line as: ‘Accreditation Staff Application’
- Include 3 professional references.
This position is dependent on the successful receipt of Canada Summer Jobs Grant funding.