Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Community Engagement Coordinator provides administrative support, member communications and promotion in the day-to-day management of the Alberta Camping Association (ACA), including providing secondary administrative support to the board and all ACA committees.
The Community Engagement Coordinator can work independently (remote), address situations with tact and diplomacy, and handle confidential matters with discretion. The Community Engagement Coordinator has recognition and understanding of administrative operations, procedures, communications, social media, and members.
- Attend the annual conference and annual general meeting of the association.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees.
- Working closely with the ED.
- Coordinate day-to-day programs and services of the ACA.
- Support record keeping, document control and organization of all association documentation.
- Create and maintain a single membership database for use by the association.
- Support the ED with the creation of a plan to:
- Increase the number of members of the association.
- Increase value of membership to members.
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of the above plan.
- Plan and coordinate Fireside Chats/ Regional Events to engage with members and provide a forum for Albertan camp professionals to network.
- Attend all events as scheduled.
- Send out detailed invitations including meeting links, agendas, and other appropriate information.
- Create and coordinate promotions for events.
- Communicate regularly with community members/ stakeholders and member camps to:
- Communicate all appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Receive feedback and information pertinent to the operations of the association.
- Engage with the summer and youth camping community of Alberta.
- Draft communications on behalf of the association as required.
- Coordinate marketing, communication and branding to align with the mission, values, and strategic direction of the association.
- Coordinate social media accounts & the overall marketing strategy of the association.
- Ensure all events and opportunities are advertised.
- Source and publish educational material in line with the association’s strategic plan.
- Curate and coordinate featured member spaces on communications.
- Support the accreditation process of the association.
- Contact camps due for accreditation and booking their visits in Q2 of each year.
- Provide direct support to Accreditation Coordinators.
- Support accreditation to ensure that deadlines are being met and the quality of work is appropriate.
- Core competencies: Strong Communication and Writing, Personable and Can Easily Connect with People, Highly Motivated, Strong Organizational Skills and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Planning and Organization and Problem Solving.
- 1-3 years of communications, social media, or public relations experience in a professional environment (volunteer experience is applicable).
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field is considered an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- High level of independence and ability to multitask competing demands of the role.
- Experience in a non-profit environment is considered an asset.
- Experience working with the Microsoft and Google suites, various database systems, Canva and other graphic template software.
- Experience working with various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Working knowledge of social advertising and analytics reporting.
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in the recreation and/or summer and youth camping sector.
- Availability to travel and/ or perform evening and weekend work if required.
- Lives in Alberta and can work from home.
- Exhibits a knowledge of all aspects of the association.
- Has excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Shows a high level of dedication and enthusiasm to work with others.
- Willing to submit a Police Information Check upon acceptance of the position.
- $17-20 per hour depending on experience
- 15-20 hours per week
- Travel and business-related expenses
Please apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org