Assistant Cabin Leader
About the Job
$330 - $600 / week (plus room and board)
Camp Cadicasu is a traditional co-ed summer camp in Kananaskis Country, Alberta for children ages 7 – 16 years. Since 1930, we have been a haven for young people to experience the joys of summer and make new friends. Our mission is to increase confidence, inspire purpose-driven lives, and deepen spirituality for people of all different faiths. You will become a part of our camp family and be surrounded by people who appreciate nature. We provide in-depth training and focus on personal growth to achieve success.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist Cabin Leaders with ensuring the wellbeing of a group of 8 campers.
- Plan, organize, supervise, and participate in activities involving your campers.
- Keep a clean cabin where campers’ belongings are kept in a productive manner.
- Monitor camper behaviour while anticipating and preventing problems that arise.
- Provide a caring and supportive environment where campers feel safe and secure.
- Keep program areas in good working condition through responsible care and use.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Lead an out-trip for your cabin group based on the abilities of your campers.
- Participate in camp-wide activities and assist with supervision of all campers.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector Search) & Child Intervention Check
- Minimum 17 Years of Age (by June 25, 2023) and Enrolled in Grade 10 or Higher
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C (or willingness to acquire it before June 1, 2023)
- Previous work with children and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoor, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- Out-tripping, camping, orienteering, and hiking background.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Any certifications in outdoor and wilderness pursuits (i.e., Wilderness First Aid).
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 3 work or school references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted.