Camp Counsellor/Program Leader
Beyond The Trees
About the Job
304-11207 116 St NW , Edmonton, ALBERTA
- Ensuring the emotional, physical safety and wellness of campers in your cabin group.
- Plan and oversee camper activities
- Ensure camper safety and monitor their activities
- Supervise campers during meals
- Follow safety and emergency procedures and guidelines
- Work one-on-one with campers
- Guide and teach a range of outdoor activities (outdoor education, Spiritual Program, hiking, games, canoeing, etc.)
- Instruct and organize camper projects (crafts, secret friends, etc.)
- Provide activities
- Set up and ensure recreation equipment is secure and stored properly
- Instruct campers in daily routines and cleanup tasks
- Implement fun, creative and engaging activities during cabin times, and other down time.
- Leading and participating in program, campfire and talent show.
- de-escalating issues with staff, volunteers and campers.
- Participating in over nights with campers and staff.
- Filling into positions when needed to cover lack of staff or breaks.
- Adhering to Covid protocols.
- Any additional duties as required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Experience working with children in a camp setting preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
- Must be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check (with vulnerable sector search) and clear Child Intervention Check.
- Must have or be willing to get First Aid certification and Canoeing Certification.
- Must be outgoing, enthusiastic, hardworking and inclusive.
Additional skills: certifications or previous experience leading crafts, outdoor education, canoeing, spiritual programs an asset.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Attn: April