Camp Manager, Easter Seals Camp Horizon
Are you passionate about using your leadership talents to oversee one of Easter Seals Alberta’s most dynamic programs, Easter Seals Camp Horizon? Do you have what it takes to champion our Vision to Inspire Potential, Build Community and Enrich Lives? Do you have a record of success in your professional career?
Easter Seals Alberta is a provincial not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to provide services that foster inclusion, independence and recreation for individuals with disabilities and medical conditions. Our mission is to provide services that foster inclusion, independence, and recreation for individuals with disabilities and medical conditions. We strive to ensure that the resources Albertans need for an independent and full life are available.
Easter Seals fosters a work environment that is inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued to reflect the people we serve.
Easter Seals Camp Horizon, located in beautiful Kananaskis Country, provides year round programs for campers of all ages and abilities at it’s beautiful, accessible 20 million dollar facility.
Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of the provincial Senior Leadership Team, the Candidate will:
- Oversee the day to day operation of the camp, its programs and facilities
- Oversee human resource requirements (staff of 60+) – including supervision of Department Leads
- Work with senior leadership to develop integrated marketing programs to support camp’s revenue goals, including off season rentals and private bookings
- Prepare, monitor and adjust annual operating budget of $1.5 million in conjunction with Senior Management Team and Director, Finance
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure mission compatibility and reflect consistency with Easter Seals Alberta approved brand strategies
- With the Fund Development Manager provide strategic Donor Relations/Stewardship opportunities at the camp including events, tours, presentations, and proposal development
- Risk Management and liaison with Government of Alberta, and all applicable departments to ensure compliance with licensing, leasing, reporting and other requirements
- Oversee capital project planning and development related to the facility
- Identify, evaluate & maintain relationships with partners, agencies & vendors
- Represent Easter Seals Alberta as needed throughout the community and at events.
- Bachelor’s or masters in related field (Rehabilitation, Recreation Administration, Business or Non-Profit Management)
- 8+ years’ management and administration experience
- Experience communicating to broad range of audiences (donors, staff, volunteers, stakeholders, media, suppliers, clients and families of those we serve).
- Proficiency in financial management
- Demonstrated knowledge in the preparation, administration and control of an assigned budget
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of adaptive support services programs
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- First Aid/CPR Certifications
- Clean Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Checks completed
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities and medical conditions is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team builder who engages & motivates team members.
- Big picture thinker when integrating different communication channels. Able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Balances solutions against economic, technical, & human factors.
- Innovative thinking, flexible & change oriented.
- Shows initiative, enthusiasm, and persuasiveness.
- Translates “how we’re doing” data into “how we can make it better”.
- Outdoor pursuits, therapeutic recreation, programs and services for people with disabilities and medical conditions