Assistant Camp Medic
About the Job
$650 / week (plus room and board)
Camp Cadicasu is a traditional co-ed summer camp in Kananaskis Country, Alberta for children ages 7 – 16 years. Since 1930, we have been a haven for young people to experience the joys of summer and make new friends. Our mission is to increase confidence, inspire purpose-driven lives, and deepen spirituality for people of all different faiths. You will become a part of our camp family and be surrounded by people who appreciate nature. We provide in-depth training and focus on personal growth to achieve success.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist the Medic in managing the health and safety of our camp community.
- Ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing of children in your care.
- Collect prescription and over the counter medicine provided by guardians.
- Distribute medicine per detailed instructions from guardians.
- Secure and monitor all camper and staff medications in the medic cabin.
- Prepare and supply emergency first-aid med packs for out-trips.
- Keep the medic cabin clean, sanitized, and tidy in a productive manner.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Monitor inventory and replenish required medic supplies with approval.
- Triage sick / injured campers, provide appropriate care, or seek emergency services.
- Record all visitors to the medic and treatment provided.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector Search) & Child Intervention Check
- 40 Hour Wilderness First Aid (or willingness to acquire it)
- Previous work experience as a health care provider for youth and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoor, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- Out-tripping, camping, orienteering, hiking background.
- Any certifications in outdoor and wilderness pursuits (i.e., Wilderness First Aid).
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 3 work or school references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted.