The Camp Nurse/Medic is an integral member of the Staff Team. They are responsible for ensuring the health and care
of our campers during their stay at camp. No two days are the same, from dispensing and recording medications to
assisting with first aid, to taking time to join in on the camp activities.
• Ideally completed at least 3 years of post-secondary education or equivalent.
• Be currently enrolled or graduating from a post-secondary education in nursing, emergency medical technology
or related field, required.
• Have experience in working with individuals with additional needs.
• Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certification, at a minimum or willing to obtain.
• Clear Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Persons Search
• Clear Child Welfare Check
• Experience or certification in medication distribution.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have a desire to work with children, youth and people of all abilities.
• Be available to attend the entire week of Staff Orientation in Mid-June.
• Be able to meet the physical and emotional needs and daily care needs of all campers.
• Valid class 2 or 4 driver’s license, an asset. (Reimbursement for exam costs available with successful completion)
• Plan, document and carry out any medical requirements of the campers and staff, as per Alberta Camping
• Assist in camper check in and check out, ensuring all medical information for each camper is complete and
• Responsible for ensuring that adequate first aid supplies are always stocked and maintained onsite.
• Follow up with parents/guardians when required regarding medical conditions and limitations of campers.
• Administer medications and treatments as required and authorized by parents/guardians and keep records of all
• Ensuring that the health and safety policies of Camp Tamarack and the Alberta Camping Association are
• Administering emergency first aid where required and document accordingly.
• Be available 24 hours per day when camp is in session, in case of an emergency.
• Briefing the appropriate staff on relative conditions and/or disabilities.
• Assume the position of Camp Leader and take part in the camp activities, when available.
• These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be
assigned as required.
Date of Contract: June 15th – August 26th 2023
Wage: $475 – 500 per week plus room and board. Ideally candidate will be able to qualify for the Canada Summer Jobs