Duration: Sunday, June 20 – Saturday, August 27 (10 weeks)
Compensation: $600 / week (plus room & board)
Camp Cadicasu is a traditional co-ed summer camp in Kananaskis Country, Alberta for children ages 7 – 16 years. Since 1930, we have been a haven for young people to experience the joys of summer and make new friends. Our mission is to increase confidence, inspire purpose-driven lives, and deepen spirituality for people of all different faiths. You will become a part of our camp family and be surrounded by people who appreciate nature. We provide in-depth training and focus on personal growth to achieve success.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist the Head Cook to ensure the kitchen operates smoothly.
- Participate in the preparation of all meals, snacks, and beverages.
- Follow strict kitchen rules that maintain the highest level of safety possible.
- Set out appropriate food, dishes, cutlery, and bins for mealtimes.
- Prepare and serve desserts, beverages, and evening cocoa.
- Be available to help in any capacity when not needed in the kitchen.
- Provide a caring and supportive environment where campers feel safe and secure.
- Keep the kitchen area in good working condition through responsible care and use.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector Search) & Child Intervention Check
- Alberta Food Safety Course
- Previous work as a cook or chef and positive references.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- Kitchen and food preparation background.
- Post-secondary education in food services.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.