Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits— our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
Camp Counsellors are responsible for creating an inclusive and supportive environment where campers can discover, use, and develop their skill sets. This is done through establishing positive relationships with campers based on respect, trust, and empathy. They provide continuous care of our campers and treat all aspects of camp (both in-camp and in the wilderness setting, if applicable) as facilitated moments.
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Children’s Ranch, Kananaskis, AB
June 19 2023 – August 20, 2023
What would you be doing?
- Establish relationships with youth, aged 11-17, that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- Exhibit a constant duty of care for our campers, and appropriately assess and respond to risks
- Be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp for 10-day sessions, with 3 days of break in between
- Support the successful execution and delivery of intentional camp programs, connecting them to the program outcomes
- Encourage camper development at their own pace recognizing their achievements
- Respond appropriately when addressing challenging camper behaviours as they arise
- Model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- Supervise and participate in all assigned aspects of the campers’ day including morning activities, cabin clean-up, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after hours duties as assigned.
- Ensure camper wellness. This includes the physical, mental, and emotional health and safety of all participants.
- Use respectful, positive behaviour management techniques
- Contribute positively to the camp team and culture
Does this sound like you?
- At least 18 years old
- Pursuing post-secondary education
- Experienced at working with youth aged 11 – 17
- Certified in standard first aid or are willing to obtain
- Able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
- Ability to live on-site for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
Benefits of working with us
- Accommodation and meals are included for the duration of the contract
- Bonus when you refer employees
- Contract completion bonus
- Bonus for staff working on our French-speaking site
- Have a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Opportunity to build lasting friendships with other staff
To learn more about the impact of the experience you will take part in, watch this short video
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series.
In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated as a result of an approved accommodation will be required to adhere to additional safety protocols when attending the workplace. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.