About the Job
Seasonal, Year-Round, Full-Time
704081 Range Road 62, county of Grande Prairie No. 1, AB
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in cooking for large numbers up to 100 people
- Experience in cooking for special populations and special diets
- Must provide own transportation
- Current Cook Trade Certification and/or Canada Food Safe Certificate
- Current Food Allergy certification
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Persons Search
- Clear Child Welfare Check (Alberta Residents Only)
- To provide fun, healthy meals and snacks for campers and staff while summer camps are in session.
- Grocery shopping and/or ordering for above
- Maintain a functional Kitchen staff team
- Plan and prepare a bi-weekly rotational menu, in conjunction with Camp Director; always keeping special diets and allergies in mind.
- Shop and/or order groceries on a weekly basis.
- Responsible to ensure that grocery costs are kept within budget.
- Ensure that meals and snacks are ready on time.
- Attend to the dietary needs of any campers/staff who require special diets
- Responsible to ensure that Alberta Health Standards are being met and liaise with the local Health Inspector when required.
- Overall operation, maintenance and cleanliness of the camp kitchen throughout the summer
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Date of Contract: April 15th through end of August 2023 (possible extension to year round position)
How to Apply
To apply: go to https://camptamarack.ca/get-involved/employment/ and click on the new kitchen application