Lone Prairie Camp (LPC) is a Christian camp on Red Deer Lake near Camrose in Alberta. We are committed to facilitating life-changing encounters with the Triune God in an accessible environment distinct from that of normal day-to-day experience.
We are looking for a NLS certified lifeguard who could partner with us in building God’s kingdom here on Earth, one camper at a time.
- Know and implement all safety policies and procedures down at the waterfront
- Organize and manage staff down at the waterfront
- Offer spiritual guidance including but not limited to praying with campers and staff, guiding discussion during chapel small groups, incorporating spiritual lessons throughout the day including during program activities, sharing at campfire and assisting with nightly cabin devotionals and morning staff devotionals. Each staff member (not including CLTs) should have a personal check-in with a program staff member each week. Each program staff member should have a personal check-in with either the Program Director or Camp Director each week.
- Seek out ways to improve activities down at the waterfront while ensuring the safety of all those involved
- Assist with planning/organizing beach games
- Actively participate in camp activities
- Attend chapel & campfire
- Maintain “camper-focus” with staff
- Assist with rentals as needed
- Actively take part in the camp follow-up program by way of writing, visiting (where possible) and praying for campers. Invite unchurched campers near your church to its fall kick-off event, wear your LPC staff shirt to the event & actively seek out any campers who come.
- Recognizing that flexibility is an important aspect of ministry, the staff member will assist as possible in other areas while maintaining a focus on his/her specific responsibilities
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Has a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Has a valid and current NLS certification, NLS – Waterfront is not required