Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Children’s Camp – Kananaskis, AB
February 2022 – October 2022
$17.25 – $19.00 depending on experience
What would you be doing?
- Maintain grounds, facilities and equipment ensuring they are ready for use
- Safely operate equipment such as power mowers, chain saws, tractors, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment as instructed
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds, facilities, equipment, and machinery as directed
- Support construction or renovation projects as directed
- Ensure health and safety standards are followed at all times, including safe operation of equipment and proper handling of chemicals
- Identify, address and/or report hazards to the Property Manager
- Report on the status of projects and repairs
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability, and team cohesiveness
*These job duties are representative but not all-inclusive
Does this sound like you?
- 1+ years of experience in property, facility, or equipment maintenance
- Experience operating maintenance equipment and tools such as power mowers and electric clippers
- High School graduate
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract
- Ability to be insured on the Foundation’s auto insurance policy
- Legally eligible to work in Canada or the USA, depending on camp location
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.