Easter Seals Camp Horizon in Bragg Creek specializes in an accessible, and inclusive summer camp experience for individuals with disabilities. We offer programs such as white water rafting, rock climbing, camping, arts and crafts, leadership training and much, much, more!
Easter Seals fosters a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued to reflect the people we serve.
Under direction of the Lead Rafter, rafters will assist in delivering a safe, fun, and memorable rafting experience. Additionally, they are responsible for the regular
maintenance and cleaning of all rafting gear. This position requires someone who loves to raft, someone who has a keen eye for safety, and is willing to share their passion for rafting with people of all ages and abilities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare and deliver a safe, fun, and memorable rafting experience
- Regularly review risk management plan with Lead Rafter
- Ensure safe transport of all gear and equipment
- Regularly clean, inspect, and repair gear as needed.
- When not rafting, rafters will assist in main camp when necessary.
- Assist in implementing training for staff to assist in facilitating Rafting Programs
- Assist with set up/take down/cleaning of all programming and meals
Your Skills and Experience
- 1 years previous professional rafting experience
- 1 years trip leading experience
- Experience working with individuals with various forms of disabilities.
- Experience working with children and youth
- Professional River Outfitters Association of Alberta Certificate or equivalent
- Rescue 3 Swift Water Rescue Technician Level 1 or equivalent
- Wilderness First Aid 80hr
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Class 4 Alberta Driver’s License
- Familiarity with local rivers and camping areas
- Knowledge of Leave No Trace Principals
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses) or medical exemption
- Contract date: June 13thth-August 20th 2022
- 5 days a week Monday-Friday. 10+hr days with the occasional weekend.
- Working outdoors each day in all kinds of weather
- Working with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and abilities
What We Can Offer You
- Lodging in shared staff cabins all summer in beautiful Kananaskis Country
- 3 healthy prepared meals each day
- Organized out trips for staff on weekends to places like Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary and more.
- An unforgettable experience working with an amazing team from around the world.
- Disability sensitivity training
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory completion of a police and vulnerable sector check
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses) or valid medical exemption
- Compliance with all Camp Horizons COVID-19 policies and procedures