Be Part of the Best Summer Ever!
Located on beautiful Sylvan Lake, Kasota East Camp is an action-packed, inclusive summer camp that offers programs for youth and families. Our activities challenge campers to become creative problem solvers, strong communicators, and confident leaders. We build self-esteem by helping campers to see their potential through play. We offer diverse options so campers can choose physical activities that they enjoy and excel at. We balance high energy activities with opportunities to relax and unwind. KEC is a safe space for campers of all religious and spiritual backgrounds to explore life’s big questions.
We’re Looking for Staff Camp Counselors:
- June 24-28 Staff Training
- Must be 18 yrs or older
- Work all, or some of the weeks camp is in session during July & August
- First-Aid & CPR Level C is required
- Criminal Record Check, and Child Welfare Intervention checks are required
- All staff are required to have proof of a complete COVID-19 series (second dose administered 14 days or more from the position start date)
- Prior experience with youth programming and leadership is an asset
- Prior experience with canoeing, archery, drama, arts & crafts, sports and active games, dance, and other programming specialties is an asset
- Relevant post-secondary training is considered an asset
Does this sound like you?
Are you superhero material? Because that’s what you’re going to be in the eyes of our campers! Staff Counselors are the backbone of our summer program. We are looking for energetic, empathetic, creative people who can fill their campers’ days with adventure. Staff Counselors must be able to communicate with each other and problem-solve to make the best of a rainy day or craft supply shortage. A good Staff Counselor is ready to reassure a shy camper, wipe away homesick tears, or set boundaries for a busy-body. Camp days are fast-paced and demanding, which requires our Staff Counselors to have strong stress-management and self-care strategies. If you can pull off this crazy balancing act, then Staff Counselor is the job for you, and our campers will treat you like the superhero you are!
How to apply:
- E-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Megan Anderson, Director of Programs
- Please highlight any previous youth leadership, summer camp, and/or relevant post-secondary training you have