Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits— our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Children’s Ranch, Kananaskis, AB
June 12, 2023 – August 20, 2023
What would you be doing?
- Support the Wellness Coordinator (Camp Nurse) in health screening arriving and departing campers
- Provide First Aid and assess campers and staff
- Assist in administering routine medications based on Tims Camps Nursing Practice Standards
- Securely maintain camper and staff health files
- Establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust, and empathy
- Model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- Educate campers on healthy living and preventative healthcare practices
- Be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp setting for 10-day sessions, with 3 days of break in between
- Assist in sanitizing the Wellness Centre, changing linens and delivering meals to any inpatients in the Wellness Centre
- Provide activities and supervision for campers who are admitted to the Wellness Centre
- Participate in camp activities as your duties permit
- Have the opportunity to experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting
Does this sound like you?
- Pursuing post-secondary education in Nursing (BScN or RPN)
- Experienced at working with youth aged 11 – 17
- Experienced at working in a healthcare setting, under the direction of a nurse (required)
- Certified in Standard First Aid or Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR, or are willing to obtain
- Able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
Benefits of working with us
- Accommodation and meals are included for the duration of the contract
- Bonus when you refer employees
- Contract completion bonus
- Bonus for staff working on our French-speaking site
- Have a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Opportunity to build lasting friendships with other staff
To learn more about the impact of the experience you will take part in, watch this short video
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series.
In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated as a result of an approved accommodation will be required to adhere to additional safety protocols when attending the workplace. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.