About the Job
$600 / week (plus room and board)
Camp Cadicasu is a traditional co-ed summer camp in Kananaskis Country, Alberta for children ages 7 – 16 years. Since 1930, we have been a haven for young people to experience the joys of summer and make new friends. Our mission is to increase confidence, inspire purpose-driven lives, and deepen spirituality for people of all different faiths. You will become a part of our camp family and be surrounded by people who appreciate nature. We provide in-depth training and focus on personal growth to achieve success.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Oversee and document out-trips throughout the summer season.
- Plan and lead out-trips of groups on adjacent land and beyond.
- Verify that yourself and all participants have the necessary equipment.
- File trip itineraries (route cards) that include time of departure and arrival.
- Organize out-tripping shed and ensure that all equipment prior to each trip.
- Check weather and inspect all camping equipment prior to each trip.
- Order and prepare food, cooking, and eating supplies for out-trips and day trips.
- Be available to help in any capacity when not busy with out-tripping duties.
- Safeguard and offer support for all staff members.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm no matter what the weather is like.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector Search) & Child Intervention Check
- Minimum 21 Years of Age (by June 11, 2023)
- 2 Years of Post-Secondary Education
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid (or willingness to acquire) 40 Hour or 80 Hour
- Out-tripping, Camping, Orienteering, and Hiking Background
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoor, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 3 work or school references) to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.