Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good – helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
Camp Nurse/Wellness Coordinator
The Wellness Coordinator, or Camp Nurse, is responsible for overseeing the Foundation’s Wellness Program, as well as the on-site Wellness Centre. The Wellness Coordinator is responsible for the health and wellness of our campers and staff.
This role will be based onsite at our Tim Horton Children’s Ranch location in Kananaskis, AB.
June 10, 2024 – August 19, 2024
What would you be doing?
- Perform health screening for arriving and departing campers
- Provide first aid and emergency care for campers and staff as indicated
- Provide in-field leadership in the event of staff, camper or risk management support, or evacuation
- Create MARs when campers arrive with routine medication
- Administer routine medications based on Tim Camps nursing practices standards
- Assess campers and staff and treat as per physician approved nursing protocols
- Securely maintain camper and staff health files
- Work in collaboration with other healthcare providers including an onsite camper support specialist
- Establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust, and empathy
- Model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- Promote healthy living habits and preventative healthcare.
- Be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp setting for 10-day sessions, with 3 days of break in between sessions.
- May provide mentorship and guidance for nursing students
- Have the opportunity to experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting
Does this sound like you?
- A Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Experienced at working with youth aged 11 – 17
- Certified in Standard First Aid + CPR (adult, child, infant) w/AED, or willing to obtain
- Able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
Benefits of working with us
- Shared Accommodation and meals are included for the duration of the contract
- Bonus when you refer employees
- Contract completion bonus
- Bonus for staff working on our French-speaking site
- Have a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Opportunity to build lasting friendships with other staff
To learn more about the impact of the experience you will take part in, watch this short video
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.