Working under and alongside the Executive Director, the Director of Ministries will guide the ministry of Frontier Lodge by providing leadership and direction to all activities and departments ensuring they are effectively working towards the ministry and missional goals of the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- To work with the Executive Director to ensure missional direction and clarity.
- Ensure strategic objectives, strategies, values, and purposes are being met
- Share, along with other staff, in the heart of Frontier Lodge’s vision and ministry.
- To facilitate and build collaboration and communication between various departments.
- To build and maintain partnerships with “passionate group leaders”.
- To give guidance, direction and implementation to new ministry opportunities.
- Assume head leadership role when ED is not present and make decisions respectfully as needed to guide ministry forward.
- Updating and maintaining policies regarding risk management, program policies, emergency response plans.
- Coordinate bookings and program planners alongside Frontier’s Office Lead.
- To develop and train operational and program staff, this includes:
- Onboarding and Orientations
- Planning and Leading staff training weeks in the Spring and Winter
- Training staff in outdoor skill competencies and continued upskilling following the Frontier Lodge Competency Binder (If skill set allows for training in these areas)
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Coordinate program planning within the program team and or other team members to carry out ministry
- Ensure Schedule is curated to best achieve effective ministry in all areas of the centre
- Including vacation approval and tracking
- Field questions, provide guidance, leadership and organization on day to day operational decisions