Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
Food Service Assistant
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Children’s Ranch, Kananaskis, AB.
We have two openings for a Food Service Assistant. The first contract role is anticipated to start April 11 to October 31, the second contract role is anticipated to start June 21 to September 1.
$15.25 – $17.00 depending on experience.
What would you be doing?
- Enhance the experience of the Foundation’s campers and guests by supporting the creation of high quality and nutritious meals
- Clean/sanitize dining tables, dishes, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans
- Sweep and mop kitchen
- Ensure servery is stocked and ready for meals
- Stock kitchen as requested
- Clean kitchen equipment as requested
- Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labeled, stored, and rotated properly following the FIFO method
- Assist with food preparation when needed
- Ensure that health and safety, sanitation and “Serve Safe” standards are followed and maintained
- Serve and assist as needed in the service of meals in back and front of the house as needed. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go.
- Identify, address and/or report hazards to the Food Service Manager
- Take waste out to dumpster
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- Desire and interest in working in the food service industry
- Ability to learn and complete tasks as assigned
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Legally eligible to work in Canada or the USA, depending on camp location
- Ability to work on their feet up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS bags/ boxes
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.